Monday, March 2, 2015

Bohemian meets Mod.


Outfit "construction"is always a delicate and meticulous process for me. It is like a ritual.  Except for these times when I am in a rush, and I cannot match anything with those 70s high-waisted stonewashed Levi's or a that pastel purple silk midi skirt. In this case I go for the easiest less risky outfits that do not get 90% of a ridiculous-look outcome.

But when I do have a great deal of time before I have to dash, I am indulging myself into the Art of Mixing-and-Matching. Mixing styles from different eras and decades has to have a system, good taste and a chic touch, no matter what. System - because you want your outfit to look like an ensemble, when it involves experimenting. Good taste - because you are a lady and you want to look supremely gorgeous, even if you wear a notorious bad gal acid wash denim jacket or Earth shoes. And a chic touch should be achieved through the first two rules and your personal touch. I am not a big pro or a style critique, but here is how I managed to build a duo-style outfit. I compiled Mod and Bohemian. I commenced with a free-fitting relaxed silhouette containing of an airy muted shade top, earthy floral print high-waisted shorts and the latest hit among all the staples in my closet - breezy crisp crochet throw-over . The head band toned down already-relaxed look even more, but sharp and precise accessories like these Mod-inspired handbag and thigh-high boots added a snazzy and chic effect. It refined the whole look and redefined its purpose. From the walk-through-the-day purpose it went all the way up to the walk-effortlessly-gracefull one! 




No comments:

Post a Comment